Kayak River Running
- Safety equipment: paddle, lifejacket, helmet, spray skirt.
- INA (National Learning Institute) and ACA (American Canoe Association) certified instructor.
- Transportation from our base to and from the paddling sites.
- Barbeque lunch – full day only.
- Tropical coconut cocktail.
- Self-Guided Botanical Tour.
- FREE SUGAR CANE TOUR ( One Day).
River Runs are for one day, one week or more. These guided kayaking trips are on the Sarapiqui River, Poza Azul, Toro, Puerto Viejo, Pacuare, Sucio, Chirripo, Tres Amigos, Balsa, Toro Amarillo or any river in the country. These kayaking trips give advanced beginners a chance to gain experience and provide intermediate kayakers the opportunity to paddle a new river. While these trips are not instructional clinics, they are a wonderful way to practice your kayaking techniques under the leadership of qualified instructor.
Paddlers participating in River Runs should be able to perform eddy turns, peel outs, ferries, and unassisted self-rescues. They should feel comfortable in Class II white water. Class III river runners should be strong intermediates who are comfortable on class III water. Our advanced river running clinics are more instructional than other river runs with a focus on the kayaking techniques that help you develop the skills and confidence to handle more difficult water.
Please note: We require a minimum of 2 people to run a kayak clinic. If the requirement is not met, there will be an additional charge of 50% of the price for clinic to operate.