$85.00 BOOK NOW!
Participation in a kayak rolling clinic is an integral part of learning to kayak. Practicing kayaking techniques such as rolling makes paddling a joy by lessening the fear and hassle of swimming in whitewater. Don’t let an inability to roll hold you back!
Our instructors are American Canoe Association (ACA) certified and have many years of experience teaching rolling to a variety of students. Their kayaking tips can help you move from practicing hip snaps to learning the paddle motions to rolling in a logical progression. Our low student-to-instructor ratio assures that you will receive the personalized attention our instruction program is known for. Our flexible instruction method uses both the C-to-C roll and the Modified Sweep roll to accommodate people with different body types and to make learning fast and enjoyable.
One-day basic kayak rolling: This clinic directly focuses on rolling techniques which are imperative in the early learning stages of kayaking. You will spend the day with your instructor in flat water where they will show you exactly what to do when you need to roll. They will go over everything you need to know about rolling. They will show you how to do it and then help you while you are in the boat. After you have mastered your roll, you are ready to start river running and lessen your fear of falling over in your boat.
Half-day fine tuning your roll: Our half-day fine tuning your roll clinics are for kayakers who already have success with their flatwater roll and are looking to improve their rolling techniques on flat or moving water.
Length of Clinic: Full Day 8 hours, Half Day 4 hours
Clinic Times: Full Day 8:30 AM, Half Day 8:30 AM or 11:30 AM
Each day includes:
- Safety equipment: paddle, lifejacket, helmet, spray skirt
- INA (National Learning Institute) and ACA (American Canoe Association) certified instructor
- Transportation from our base to and from the paddling sites
- Barbeque lunch – full day only
- Tropical coconut cocktail
- Self-Guided Botanical Tour
We recommend bringing:
• Swimsuit and/or shorts • Sunscreen • String or strap to secure your glasses • Short or long pants (for sun protection only). No jeans. • Water shoes or sandals with ankle straps. No flip flops. Closed-toe shoes recommended • Light rain jacket and/or polypropylene, wool shirts for cool or rainy days. Cotton T-shirts for sunny days only (they make you colder when wet).
Transportation: We can pick up your group from your location in the La Fortuna, Sarapiqui, or San Jose areas. More details here.
Please note: We require a minimum of 2 people to run a kayak clinic. If the requirement is not met, there will be an additional charge of 50% of the price for clinic to operate.
Guarantee your booking with a 20% deposit. Pay the remaining balance the day of the tour, cash or credit card.BOOK NOW!
Pay the full amount of my booking now.
Our reservation system defaults to American Express. If you are going to book with another type of card (Visa or Mastercard) simply type the number in the space for card number and this will automatically change the type of credit card.
Need assistance? WE ARE ONLINE. LET’S CHAT!
White Water Kayak Costa Rica | White Water Kayak near San Jose | White Water Kayak near Arenal Volcano | White Water Kayak Sarapiqui river| White Water Kayak Pacuare River