$90.00 BOOK NOW!
River Runs are for one day, one week or more. These guided kayaking trips are on the Sarapiqui River, Poza Azul, Toro, Puerto Viejo, Pacuare, Sucio, Chirripo, Tres Amigos, Balsa, Toro Amarillo or any river in the country. These kayaking trips give advanced beginners a chance to gain experience and provide intermediate kayakers the opportunity to paddle a new river. While these trips are not instructional clinics, they are a wonderful way to practice your kayaking techniques under the leadership of qualified instructor.
Paddlers participating in River Runs should be able to perform eddy turns, peel outs, ferries, and unassisted self-rescues. They should feel comfortable in Class II white water. Class III river runners should be strong intermediates who are comfortable on class III water. Our advanced river running clinics are more instructional than other river runs with a focus on the kayaking techniques that help you develop the skills and confidence to handle more difficult water.
Length of Tour: 8 Hours
Tour Time: 8:30 AM, tour is available all year round.
Each day includes:
- Safety equipment: paddle, lifejacket, helmet, spray skirt
- INA (National Learning Institute) and ACA (American Canoe Association) certified instructor
- Transportation from our base to and from the paddling sites
- Barbeque lunch – full day only
- Tropical coconut cocktail
- Self-Guided Botanical Tour
We recommend bringing:
• Swimsuit and/or shorts • Sunscreen • String or strap to secure your glasses • Short or long pants (for sun protection only). No jeans. • Water shoes or sandals with ankle straps. No flip flops. Closed-toe shoes recommended • Light rain jacket and/or polypropylene, wool shirts for cool or rainy days. Cotton T-shirts for sunny days only (they make you colder when wet).
Transportation: We can pick up your group from your location in the La Fortuna, Sarapiqui, or San Jose areas. More details here.
Please note: We require a minimum of 2 people to run a kayak clinic. If the requirement is not met, there will be an additional charge of 50% of the price for clinic to operate.
Guarantee your booking with a 20% deposit. Pay the remaining balance the day of the tour, cash or credit card.BOOK NOW!
Pay the full amount of my booking now
Our reservation system defaults to American Express. If you are going to book with another type of card (Visa or Mastercard) simply type the number in the space for card number and this will automatically change the type of credit card.