$100.00 per day BOOK NOW!
You don’t need be an expert to have a great kayak adventure. At the novice clinic you will improve your kayak skills in a safe and beautiful environment.
The Sarapiqui Outdoor Center has professional instructors certified by the American Canoe Association (ACA) and the National Learning Institute (INA), who are ready to give you a unique experience.
In the 1-day clinic you will learn the basics:
- Choosing proper equipment and clothing
- Carrying a kayak
- Entering and exiting a kayak
- Proper body position
- Wet exit
- River safety
The 2-day clinic focuses on:
- Essential flatwater strokes: forward, sweep, gliding, bow and stern draw, braces and maneuvers.
- Edging the kayak
- Eddy turns, peel outs, and ferries
- River reading and identifying hazards
- River running
The 3-day clinic spends more time on the previous skills and introduces:
- Wave surfing
The 4-day clinic gives you more practice time and by the end of the week, students can often:
- Run Class II rapids with confidence and finesse
- Play on Class II surf waves and holes with confidence
- Roll a kayak
- Scout and run Class III rapids
Length of Tour: 8 Hours
Tour Time: 8:30 AM
Tour is available all year round.
Each day includes:
- Safety equipment
- INA (National Learning Institute) and ACA (American Canoe Association) certified instructor
- Transportation from SOC to the paddling sites
- BBQ lunch by the river
- Tropical fruit and coconut cocktail
- Self-guided botanical tour
We recommend bringing:
• Swimsuit and/or shorts
• String or strap to secure your glasses
• Short or long pants (for sun protection only). No jeans.
• Water shoes or sandals with ankle straps. No flip flops. Closed-toe shoes recommended
• Light rain jacket and/or polypropylene, wool shirts for cool or rainy days. Cotton T-shirts for sunny days only (they make you colder when wet).
Transportation: We can pick up your group from your location in the La Fortuna, Sarapiqui, or San Jose areas. More details here.
Please note: We require a minimum of 2 people to run a kayak clinic. If the requirement is not met, there will be an additional charge of 50% of the price for clinic to operate.
Guarantee your booking with a 20% deposit. Pay the remaining balance the day of the tour, Cash or credit cardBOOK NOW!
Pay the full amount of my booking now
$100.00 per dayBOOK NOW!
Our reservation system defaults to American Express. If you are going to book with another type of card (Visa or Mastercard) simply type the number in the space for card number and this will automatically change the type of credit card.