EMPLOYMENT WITH SARAPIQUI OUTDOOR CENTER
A leader in the whitewater rafting and adventure travel industry, in 1990 S.O.C. became the first exclusively powered rafting company permitted to run trips on Costa Rica Rivers Now most geographically diverse rafting company in Costa Rica, S.O.C offers first-class rafting, river kayaking and multi-sport vacations.
Our year-round office staff has more than 60 years of collective experience in the adventure travel industry and we have guides and operations staff who have been with us almost since the company’s inception.
S.O.C is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or disabling condition.
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
We are currently looking for qualified receptionist, whitewater rafting and river kayaking guides, to join our team.
DEAR POTENTIAL S.O.C TEAM MEMBER
Whether you are a seasoned professional river runner or a complete novice, there are guiding opportunities at S.O.C. that can open up a whole new world of adventure. Since 1990, S.O.C. has set the first-class standard for adventure travel vacations and our ongoing pursuit of excellence is based on providing superior service to our guests.
Guiding for S.O.C is not an easy job. It is the rare, dynamic individual who can really do it well. S.O.C. guides combine a passion for the outdoors with compassion for our guests, a desire to learn with the talent to teach and a flexible attitude with a steadfast commitment to conservation. S.O.C guides deliver the highest levels of service because we love what we do, we love the undeniably special places we visit and we love having a positive impact on the lives of others.
Would you care to join us?
Guide Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely navigate oar/paddle boats and/or river kayaks
- Seek to provide our guests with the best outdoor experience of their lives
- Present facts about the region’s natural and human history
- Provide a positive role model for children and facilitate kid-friendly activities
- Prepare delicious meals
- Care for S.O.C. equipment
- Lead interpretive walks and hikes
- Adhere to Seven Principles of Leave No Trace at all times
- Be a steward of the natural areas in which we travel
- CPR and First-Aid Certified (WFR/SWR are a plus)
- Customer service experience or superb people skills
- Background in natural history or leading groups, preferred
- Experience or willingness to work with young children and adolescents
- Capable of working long hours
- Physically fit
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent English
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Basic computer knowledge
Fill the form and upload your resume with a picture
Costa Rica Employment @